Tuesday, August 27, 2013

**REVIEW** Silver Heart by Victoria Green



Release Date: July 25, 2013
Published By: Author
Review Copy: eARC

Purchase It:
Amazon 











  There comes a moment in everyone’s life when they must decide which road leads to personal happiness. For Dylan Silver, this is that moment…


  For the past twenty-two-years, Dylan has been living in her parents' carefully crafted world, always putting her own dreams on hold to play the role of a dutiful daughter.

  So when her best friend coaxes her into a winter getaway to a mountain cabin, she sees it as a chance to forget about the responsibilities waiting for her at home. At least for a little while.

  But then her past catches up to her—in the form of sexy snowboarder, Sawyer Carter.

  Six years ago, Dylan bid goodbye to the only boy she ever truly loved. Now he's standing right in front of her, bringing up bittersweet memories and igniting suppressed desires as he dares her to be the person she has always wanted to be.

  Dylan and Sawyer’s unexpected meeting is a second chance, but will a girl who doesn't believe in fate and taking risks be able to overcome her fears of losing control and finally embrace the life she desperately wants?

  Only one thing is certain: after a week in Whistler, Dylan's world will never be the same.

*Please note that this novel contains mature subject matter, including strong language and sexual situations that may not be suitable for all readers. Reader/buyer discretion is advised.*




  I could not lie to any of you and when I tell you I am loving the New Adult explosion, it is no exaggeration.  Like all good things though (especially in books) you tend to start to read in a groove.  A groove that authors create and run in because it works and though things are different here and there they just stick with what works and who could blame them?  With Silver Heart Ms. Green has exceeded my NA expectations and had me falling for every single character and holding my breath while sweating it out with Dylan.

  Is it possible to have depth in a story while still keeping it interesting?  Absolutely!  I can not say that I don't ever see it or that I see it infrequently because that would not be the truth.  However the way Green wrote took the depth, the growth and the romance and rolled it out into on smooth story.  There were ups and downs for the characters without a doubt but everything flowed and was there for a reason.  There is enough of a background you understand why things are the way they are but there is also enough reasons for doubt and change.  This is NA and it lives that up right to the fullest.  This was romance and full blown steamy scenes done extremely well and yet they were still tasteful and not vulgar...Tho admittedly there were a few times that I may have flushed a little but hey when it comes to romance do we all not have moments.

  I really enjoyed Dylan...A LOT.  It seems that Green has managed to create a enjoyable and still believable character.  She does not come from a hard past or an unloving family but maybe a family that was overly ambitious.  Parents  want what is best for their children but sometimes it consumes and destroys who the child is.  Dylan had lost her passion, her personal light and fight but the trip Maddie plans changes everything.  I loved watching Dylan grow throughout the novel and battle with herself.  She is not the girl that sees guy and forgets everything that was planned in her life but she does stop and consider just how much of what is going on is what she actually wanted.  There are times that I just wanted her to stop thinking so much and jump but that is where Sawyer comes in.  Life is the paths we take and the ones we choose but it is when we let loose and give up control that we learn what freedom is like.

  So how do you start something about a guy that basically melts you into a puddle every time he sets foot on a page.  Sawyer was amazing beyond all worlds, this guy is the embodiment of sexy.  Heck he makes me want to take up snowboarding, which is something I have never dared to try because of my lack of coordination.  What makes Sawyer so amazing is not only his good looks and obvious talent but he is a sweet, thoughtful and talented in more than just snowboarding individual!  While I will not divulge into exactly what those talents are (everything) but I will tell you that there is basically nothing about this guy that I did not like.  Admittedly the girls hanging all over him was slightly annoying but understandable with his looks, personality and status.  Strangely enough though it was when he was with Dylan and bringing out the best in her, when I loved him the most.  Despite every need, every want and everything he has, Sawyer was more than willing to work for Dylan.  Sometimes I felt he was being a horrible tease but it worked out for the both of them.

  Though Dylan and Sawyer are the stars of the show I really feel the need to mention Maddy (Dylan's best friend) and Adam (Dylan's brother).  I LOVE Maddy with all of my heart.  She is a fun person and an amazing best friend.  She is the type of girl that holds nothing back and believes in living in the moment no matter what that moment is and where it takes her.  Not to mention she is the loud voice of unreason when it comes to Dylan and the reason that she is able to finally let loose a little.  Maddy is also the reason we meet Adam.  Adam is basically everything that his parents want him and Dylan to be but wound up a little tighter.  His relationship with his sister has been rocky and distant but they are still siblings at heart.  He drove me nuts and yet in the end I found a little extra understanding with him and found peace with who he is.

  With romance bursting out of the seams with this one it would be unbelievably hard not to love it.  Not to mention with all of that romance there was still a story and great character development.  Victoria Green is an expert already with this debut release at capturing readers attention and developing a steamy romance that will have you turning the pages and begging for more.  This is more than romance, astounding characters and a good plot, it is masterful writing and a story that you wont want to put down.  If you are falling in love with NA pick this baby up because you will be in lust love.



 Fate demanded utter, infallible submission, and I wasn't very good at surrendering control.  I liked following a set path, felt a sense of comfort in knowing how a story would end before it even started.  Yes, I was one of those people-the type who flipped to the very last page of a book and read the final sentence just to ensure that I had full power over every surprising twist along the way.

  Maddie's free spirited attitude had brought me out of my shell.  she knew how awkward I was in social situations, so she constantly pushed me to take more risks and be bolder by challenging me to overcome my introversion.

  I knew it all.  I knew him.  He was the one guy I always wanted and would never have.  He was the forbidden fruit  my parents disapproved of.  And he was the second person, aside from my grandfather, that fate had taken away from me.

  Our bodies entwined, we drifted under, not wanting to disengage our lips in an attempt ascend.  I was running out of breath, but it didn't matter.  It was not oxygen I needed.  Not now.  I had Sawyer.

   But I knew it wasn't just the lack of sex that had me craving Sawyer.  I wasn't some romance novel heroine who was unable to keep my legs closed as I drooled over anything with a heartbeat.

He rewarded my response with a husky groan.  My zipper ripped open and his kisses grew more intense, drawing out soft moans from the back of my throat.  Frigid air washed over the exposed skin of my stomach, though as his right hand slid down my front, I felt nothing but warmth between my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...