Thursday, August 8, 2013

**REVIEW** Twisted by K.A. Robinson


Chloe and Drake have found their happily ever after... Almost.

When Chloe's mother comes back into her life with a bang, it sets off a chain of events no one could have ever expected. Everyone has their demons, and Chloe and Drake's hit them with a vengence. 

Sex, drugs, money, a crazy ex, and Rock n Roll.... Can they survive it all?

Things are beginning to feel a bit... Twisted.


Release Date:  May 7, 2013 (ebook)
Published By:  Atria Publishing
Review Format:  ARC, 291 pages
**Received from publisher for review



  I have some serious love for the author because this read was done from both Chloe and Drake's point of view but I did also have some minor problems.  All looked sunny and shiny in book two of the Torn series but looks are so deceiving.  Despite the fact that I knew not everything could be all rainbows and butterflies, I was somewhat PISSED when I hit about the 2/3 mark or so.  I mean furious beyond all words and wasn't sure if I would be able to continue.  Now if you have read this I am sure you are thinking at this point that I am childish and ranting but you know what?  I just can't honestly believe it.  I did continue though and  I will admit further frustrations with the last few chapters but the epilogue did win my heart back.

  Nothing in life comes easy but the things that Chloe and Drake have fought for are worth it.  Taking place when school is done and Drake is set to go on tour for the summer taking Chloe with him.  However some circumstances come up that pull them apart and start to drive some wedges between them once again.  I really was okay with the separation because Chloe made it very clear that she would only ever have eyes for one guy, but when you are a guy magnet things are bound to happen.  Death and deception are a permanent trend in this read and I was sure it was going to pull everyone apart.

  There is a lot of growth with Chloe and I found myself really pulling for her.  This girl pulls herself out of the mud only to step in damn quick sand, I swear.  She is the girl that the universe dumps on constantly and yet she is trying to be more positive it seems.  Where in Torn I wanted to smack her for her lack of intelligent decisions, in this novel I wanted to hug her for all of the things she was missing.  I was proud that she finally started growing a backbone when it came to things as well, she was no longer the girl that was going to turn a blind eye and pretend it was all okay.  When all was said and done I seriously loved Chloe this time around and while she still wasn't perfect, she was stronger.

  Drake I love you but if you were a person I could meet I would have kicked you...HARD!  This novel was really a reverse in roles for him and Chloe I guess but his decisions and actions really grinded me down.  He was jealous, unreasonable and flat out overbearing.  Every part of me at this moment screams for me to be forgiving and understanding, that he was broken and lied to but I just can't justify it no matter how hard I try.  Personally I think that everyone could do without the excess drama that Drake caused and in the process became someone that wasn't the guy I loved.  Oh, there were still moments that I fantasized and could barely contain myself but when he let me down, it was hard.

  Twisted though difficult was still every bit the well written, addictive and emotional read that Torn was but I just found myself at ends with Drake and his stupidity in this one.  Many people will probably look past the problems I have and honestly love this book but I can't no matter how I try.  I seriously enjoyed the read because of Robinson's ability to write an addictive read with characters that you can't help but feel drawn to but as petty as it is Drake  and his decisions are just something that I am having problems getting over.  The reasonable part of me tells me that this is what it's about, the tragedy and the lessons but the unreasonable part just screams and drowns everything else out.  Who do I recommend this to you ask?  I tell you all to pick it up once you pick up Torn but be warned there is a lot of heart breaking moments  and drama.

There was too much drama and not enough nicotine in the world, if you asked me. Chloe was constantly on me to quit smoking and I had promised her I would.  Which I would, when this whole screwed-up situation was over with...maybe.
I loved this women and I wanted to show her how much.  I was never good with expressing my emotions, but I could do it through music.  It had always been my outlet, and I hoped she would understand just how important she was to me.
  He smiled. "Do you know how corny we sound?  I think I just threw up a little."  I elbowed him i the ribs.  "I don't care.  I don't want you to ever doubt how I feel about you again."
"You're right, I do love you.  But I have to do what's right for me, too.  I can't be with you if you won't stop, Drake.  I'm sorry, but I can't do that again."

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, I think it's hard to read series. You get so involved in the characters that when they change (especially so drastically and for the worse), you'll like "Hum, no! This is not *so and so* and I demand you bring back that one I fell in love with/like so much!"

    Or when the characters fight through so much to be together and then something else comes between them... Why can't they just be happy?!

    And while Drake pissed you off, at least Chloe made you happy :)

    ~​Andrea @ Beauty but a Funny Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeep. I don't know if I could read this, Tiff. I'm scared of angst, for real.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...