Friday, September 6, 2013

**REVIEW** False Sight by Dan Krokos




Release Date:  August 13, 2013

Published By:  Hyperion

Review Copy: ARC,

Provided by: HBG Canada for honest review

Add to GOODREADSBuy ItAmazon~B&N~Book Depository



  All Miranda wants is a normal life. She's determined to move past the horrible truth of her origin as a clone so she can enjoy time with her boyfriend, Peter, and the rest of her friends at school. But Miranda quickly learns that there's no such thing as normal - not for a girl who was raised to be a weapon. When one of her teammates turns rogue, it begins a war that puts the world in jeopardy. Now Miranda must follow her instincts - not her heart - in order to save everything she's fought so hard to keep. with the image of a terrible future seared into her mind, what will she have to sacrifice to protect the people she loves?


  Dan Krokos's sequel to the tour de force False Memory is a mind-blowing thriller with high-octane action that will leave readers begging for the final book in this bold and powerful trilogy.





  Krokos is an amazing author and though I had a late start to this series, it is proof that it is better late than never.  False Memory was a quick read for me and False Sight was easily just as quick and enjoyable.  Now don't go taking that as it is a short book because it isn't, at 336 pages it may not be huge but it a far cry from little.  There was a slight feeling when this one got started that it was somewhat going through the motions that the last one went through but honestly the feeling passed so quickly for me that in no time I had forgotten (maybe missed a memory shot) and I tore through the large portion of the book remaining.

  False Sight was every bit the action rollercoaster that False Memory was but there was some serious development in the plot.  I had many questions that I thought of long after I had finished the first book and surprisingly this one did answer a few of them.  There was also a switch in the purpose of the Rose's which was without a doubt interesting.  This switch along with a few other plot twists took the reader (me) to places not expected but when I thought about it, it seemed to be logical and made the story that much more interesting.  It's hard to tell you where and why without being a reviewer that spoils the story for everyone but for those of you that have picked this up I hope you found the new twist as logical as I did.

  Miranda is honestly a character that just does not give up and will fight the odds no matter what they are.  She does however have a hero complex.  This is probably because she feels like a fraud not being who her team thinks she is but I'm not sure I can fault her completely.  There is a lot more to lose with this book and she does lose a lot but she gains something too and despite being odd, comes in handy.  She also learns a lot more about her past, who she has always been and who she is meant to be.  Through every discovery, every new twist and every new hurtle Miranda grows, not that she always takes it with grace but she takes it.  There are ups and downs with her as a character in this book but I think ultimately the ups prevail.

  Now once again romance is not the front story in this, heck it isn't even really a background story but it is there.  The triangle has been eliminated completely (what little triangle there was) but I felt that what romance there was also dwindled into almost nothing.  Reason for this: the plot is just packed with happenings and the romance just doesn't have room to exist really.  This is both enjoyable and frustrating because I really love what her and Peter have going on and would like to see it develop a little more.  That being said for those of you out there that would have avoided this book for the reason of a possible triangle you can officially not worry about it because it doesn't develop but disappears completely.

  The ending of this one is the cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers.  I was excited to have this one in my hands before I finished False Memory but I can't even start to tell you what I would give to have the next one in my hands.  Books like this remind me of what there is to love about dystopian novels and why I will continue to pick them up.  Packed with action False Sight was every bit the novel False Memory was and I would recommend this series to lovers of dystopians everywhere.



  But Peter usually doesn't try to hide his feelings unless there's a tactical advantage.  And that's exactly what I'm looking for--some sign to confirm I'm a member of the team, not a possible threat.

  People huddle in the doorways of buildings, watching as we pound past.  I'm not laughing anymore.  I look at a world near death and realize this could happen to us.

I have to survive long enough to beat her.  Survive long enough to save the world.  But even then, I don't know where I'll take them.  I don't know where to take thousands of monsters.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh this sounds lovely. I need to read my copy of his first book. I'm glad you loved this one, Tiff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...