Sunday, May 6, 2012

*REVIEW* Stoker Sisters by Kailin Gow

Two sisters... Born during the time of Jane Austen... Set to marry for advancement, but escaped their fates by becoming vampires. Now vampires in the 21st century, hunted by a sect of rogue hunters and governed by an ancient Romanian and Bulgarian vampire myth, the sisters live in a small beach town of California where they meet Keegan Knowles, a mysterious boy. For hundreds of years they've shared clothes, books, and their home, but will they share the same boy or is it there going to be war?


























  I had to sit back and reflect a little to properly review this for you.  Not that I didn't like it.  I did trust me I have now ordered the second book because I don't want to wait.  I don't want to wait even long enough for book 2 to get here!! This book took a completely different road than I expected.  I know we have all read something at some point and time in our lives and then sat back and thought "Wow."  Sometimes it's a good wow and others it's a wow because you just don't know what to think.


  My wow started off as the not sure what to think.  I didn't realize just how much back ground story there was going to be.  There was a lot and I had started to think maybe I was missing something or had misunderstood the description.  Don't get me wrong when I say that either.  Getting to know how and why is SUPER important and I enjoyed reading about it but it was just a bit of a shock when I was expecting something else.  In fact this really made the story for me in the end.  How could you not love sisters that come from the Jane Austin era!! The more you learned the more involved you felt and honestly I am not sure you could feel more involved!! 


  The second wow came when we moved on to the now.  This really showed how different the sisters are and how they deal with that.  I am not going to say they deal with it well but they deal with it.  I was really blown away on how each sister deals with what has happened to them.  With sisters like night and day you really never know what you are going to get.  Both girls have their ups and downs and are set in their own ways but as far as things go family is family and even when you want to kill them, you will protect them and let nothing come in your way.


  Then you get your second taste of swoon in this book(I am not telling you about the first swoon).  Keegan  is honestly amazing.  For the most part he goes through this book and keeps his mind on what he wants but like all guys where there is choices...  Doesn't help that Alexis is about as smoldering as they come and Sadie is an all around sweet person (well vampire).  The things that he has to go through and deal with aren't easy either and I had a good idea not too long after meeting him as to what was going on.  I mean a guy can't be that perfect right?  I was kind of proven wrong but was happy about it and continue to LOVE Keegan.


  Overall this book was wonderful.  It's was kind of the backwards version of a love triangle, if that makes any sense at all. Instead of having one girl and two boys that she has to choose from, you get two girls that want the one boy.  There is so much more to this story I WANT to share with you but don't want to spoil any of the fun in discovering what really happened and what is really happening!!   Really I am not sure that this review does this book the justice it needs.  I can not wait for the next one to get here!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...