Thursday, September 27, 2012

**REVIEW** Accordance by Shelly Crane

In the sequel, Maggie learns much more about all the strange things that happened to her, and has to face new ones. She rebels against it, but ultimately, must face it for her new families sake and maybe even her life. Bish went from being her biggest supporter to her biggest pain in the butt and Kyle's intentions to attract her interest may not be so innocent. Caleb and Maggie face many new obstacles together and fight to work through them but will one that should be a good thing be too much for Maggie to handle?


**REVIEW**



    Have you started this series yet?  If you haven't you definitely should for so many reasons.   The number one reason is that Shelly is amazing and her writing is naturally sensational I think.  The way that she has written this series has me hopelessly addicted and constantly in need of more.  This is the second book in the Significance series and is just as good as the first book but for completely different reasons.  I mean this was a completely variant from it predecessor and yet I found myself just as entranced with this as the last.

  This book quite literally picks up right where the last one left off.  Not one heart beat seems to have passed which is good because it was a bit of an intense ending and I kind of was curious.  Maggie and Caleb have an epic and romantic kind of connection.  It was total insta love in book 1(give it a chance) but it is for a reason and I mean a total legit reason.  However I would like to point out that there is a lot of development in this book with Maggie and Caleb.  So even if you weren't a massive fan of book 1 give this one a go because honestly they develop a lot! 

  Maggie is such a strong willed character.  Actually much of why I love her is that I relate to her stubborn and determined ways.  Not only that but she cares and tries her best just to make everyone happy.  That aid if her best isn't enough well lets just say she isn't putting up with that either.  This time around she is learning more about what she is capable of and just how much she really can do.  Basically she is way ore than anyone ever expected and yet she wishes to be less at times.  She currently ha a lot on her plate and even with her biggest supporter and love Caleb sometimes things are more than a little overwhelming.

  The fight for Maggie from Kyle is still  going on in much of this novel but really he is very stuck in the I saw her first thing.  He totally seems to forget about the bond that makes it impossible to see anyone (love interest wise) outside of Caleb.  That being said Caleb is just as in love with Maggie as ever.  He is the sweetest and is is totally swoon worthy is so many ways.  There were a couple times I may have even been jealous of Maggie and Caleb.  I mean he just loves her so much and they totally just fit.  Both strong willed but Caleb seems to know when to cave and I love that Maggie can do that to him!!! 

  Now there isn't quite as much action in this book.  Well not the same kind of action I should say.  Last time there was a high intensity kind of action this time it is more Maggie and her abilities that create scenes.  Due to everything being so new she is not full in control of everything and it puts the family in a tight spot a couple of times.  But they handle it with a grace that I probably would not have.  I mean I would freak out, not at Maggie but the fact that everything is such a risk of exposure!!!  There is so much at risk but the family handles it with such a grace that you would never know it might be an issue.

  Family also plays a much more important role in this one.  Her Dad knows what went down and what will continue to happen.  Maggie's brother on the other hand is different.  He thinks that Maggie has been suckered and pressured into something that she doesn't want.  This creates a lot of strain on everyone.  Caleb's family continues to support and love Maggie for who she is and who she will/has become.  Heck even Maggie's mother makes an appearance for once.

  Lets talk ending shall we?  HOLY!!!!  I need book three (Defiance) and I mean like now!!!!  The cliff at the end of book one was bearable but this one is really making me wish that the next one was in my hands NOW.  Basically Shelly blew my mind and I was left looking for the next page that  never happened.  Well I mean I knew there was another book but that doesn't stop me from pretending that if I turn the pages enough there will be more.  To some this might have been an acceptable way to go out.  Some high intensity action and then BAM, surprise!! Lets just say I am totally left in wanting! 

  Shelly Crane is quite clearly a literary master mind!  She has me hooked and to be honest I would recommend this book to anyone that could handle the beautifully written insta love.  Just know that there is clearly more to it than that and Shelly does develop both the relationship and the characters in this one.  I can't wait to be able to get my hands on Defiance and end my craving to find out what goes down.


**Moments**
Caleb and Kyle couldn't keep their eyes off me, like I was the queen of frigging England sitting at their table or something.  It was really starting to bug me.
 "Wow.  So you're like a superhuman heroine or something?  You see these horrific things happen to helpless people in bathrooms and snag them up before it happens and save them,"...
I giggled slightly and bit my lip.  It was amazing how much I could fluster him 

4 comments:

  1. Insta-love... but your review is pretty convincing plus the angsty relationship balances it out a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your enthusiasm for this read is infectious! Now I have to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just finishing up Significance for the second time. It had been a long time since I read it the first time around, and I wanted to refresh my mind with the story. I loved it the first time, and I love it again. The only thing that I do have issues with are some editing problems, and sometimes there seems to be a lot of filler writing. But I do love it. I am a huge Maggie fan, and Caleb of course. So I am absolutely looking forward to Accordance, and after hearing from you that the cliffhanger in book 2 is seriously painful, I am glad that I waited long enough that the final book is available!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...