Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Welcome!! I am so excited to have you here for my stop on this tour!!
Wait until you see the character I have to share with you!!!

16-year old Emily has accepted her fate with each weakening beat of her heart, but after her best friend's brother and sister arrive in town and turn out to be more than what they appear, Emily's life is turned upside-down. When their friendship includes confronting wizards who harbor dark secrets and dancing with an elf prince, Emily discovers there are some things still worth living for.








**REVIEW**

  I have been keeping more of an open mind when it comes to indie books because so often they surprise me.  This one was no exception.  Although I found it predictable at times there was many aspects that I found wonderful and enchanting.  There are times that all of the elements in this book seem to run together and become overwhelming but still it was easy to follow all the way though.

  Emily was not what I expected at all.  She was strong but sometimes I just found her too easy going and laid back.  I mean she takes care of her fall down alcoholic mother constantly and has a father that seems to be non existent. The good thing though is that she isn't immature and has a strong head on her shoulders.  She is an individual and I love her for that, even though there is a darker and deeper reason for that.  Along with a little condition that may cut everything short and everything else that Emily has going on she almost lost her remaining time because of a silly boy.   

  Even though Emily has many friends it is very clear that her best friend is Dafne.  Was fairly clear that she and her family were special.  This is where the predictable started for me.  They were different there for they stayed separated from everyone else.  That was what really gave it away for me at least.  Also like all close families there is always one that dislikes the general public.  However this brought a smile to my face frequently.  Although the difference does separate the friends temporarily it doesn't last long and the truth really does set them free.

  The romance was by far my favourite thing in this novel.  It was sweet and took its time.  Heck it was awkward, simple and well as said before sweet.  Jarrad and Emily didn't rush anything but spent a lot of time being friends.  They liked each other but like many teens just were too afraid to make the first move in fear of being rejected.  When they finally do get together their feelings kind of fast track and become a lot really quick.  However I do not have any issues with it and just fell more in love with them as a couple.

  The worlds were very well done.  Not only could I picture Emily and her home but when we were taken to Arethane I feel in love.  The scenery and the vividness of where Kelly took us was amazing.   You could picture the plants, homes and things they were seeing.  This sadly extened itself into the destruction the Dark King had caused over the past years.  My favourite of all of these was the market.  It was a strange, dark and wonderful place.  Even if it would have given me the creeps I am sure if I was really there.

  Though predictable at times this book did throw out a few twists and I found myself engrossed very easily.  I even had a late night trying to stay up to finish it because the pace picked right up and I wanted to know if it was going the way I thought.  Through vivid descriptions and strong characters you will easily find yourself pulled into this one! 

Quotes & More

A drunken mother was always a spectacle, especially when her teenage daughter had to play the adult.

"Well who wants to be human?" she asked playfully,  "Dung beetles," he answered very matter-of-fact.

Just promise you will not leave my sight.  No matter what happens, you will stay by me, where I can protect you. 


*CHARACTER BIO*
OMG I am so excited to bring you the incredibly SEXY Jarrad!!!


Age: Human - 17; Actual - lost track.
Born: The first day of the Spring Equinox
Place of Birth: The Royal Capital, Hemelstad, in Arèthane
Parents: deceased
Description:  6'3", blonde hair, light blue eyes, contagious smile















Q. What are your favorite foods?
A. Ice cream

Q. Is that all?
A.  Ice cream with Emily

Q. What's your favorite color?
A. Green

Q. Emily said you stole it from her, that it was her favorite color first...
A. I stole it from her?  When I've been alive centuries longer than her? (laughs)

Q. What are your favorite activities?
A. Anything that gets my heart racing--cliff diving, snowboarding, racing motorcycles or horses, ...Emily.

Q. What is it about Emily that makes your heart race?
A. She has this way of playing with her lip ring with the tip of her tongue while she's lost in thought - drives me mad.  


Q. Anything else?
A. Emily is one of the strongest individuals I know.  She has a power within her so great, it could change worlds and yet she has know idea.  She just thinks she's getting by, but she's altering life around her.  She's altering the people around her, for the better.

Q. Hopes for the future?
A. Emily's elfin love-slave?


6 comments:

  1. Ooh shiny sword! RtA sounds like a book I'd like. I'm adding it to my tbr!
    @ the Alex pic: *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic review! And ugh Jarrad... he does sound sexy ♥_♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the review and having RTA on your site! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I'm not much of an indie reader but this sound like fun! So glad you enjoyed it so much! I like the sound of sexy Jared! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds great :) Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the review!
    BTW love your little interview there with Jarrad :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...