Monday, July 2, 2012

*REVIEW* PARANORMALCY by Kiersten White

Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.
********


  This book belongs on a shelf called "Why the heck did I not read this sooner?!"  I had heard from a close girlfriend that this book was awesome.  Then a super awesome blogger friend asked me why I hadn't read it.  Now I know why they couldn't understand why I hadn't picked this book up yet.  It is truly awesome and super original.  There is not much that I didn't love about this book.

  Evie has lived her life believing what the people around her have told her.  She believed that she was just a normal girl with an abnormal talent.  She was however not normal.  Being only 16 and working for  International Paranormal Containment Agency (IPCA) with the ability to see through every type of paranormal glamour makes her special.  She is kick ass when it comes to her job and will make you smile frequently with her love for "tasey."   She does however wish for more or less I should say.  She wants to be a normal teen that goes to a normal school and does normal things.  

  For love we have Lend.  He is super amazing.  I instantly fell in love with him.  Oh ya you heard me I had a case of insta love.  Lend is totally unique and when he walks onto the pages he is nothing short of completely intriguing.  Even though he is tased and locked up he doesn't really seem to get angry but he doesn't become an open book either.  He becomes Evie's link to normal and someone to lean on.  


  There is a certain mysterious element to the story and it will keep you guessing throughout the book.   I kind of had it figured out for the most part but questioned it a couple of times.  It's one of those things where you think you know but you aren't sure.  The thing that got me was how obvious it all was when  I realized but how it was written in there so well that you don't pick it out right away.


  This is a book I would recommend to EVERYONE!  It has mystery, action and romance.  I can't wait to pick up Supernaturally and find out how everything continues!!    If you are like me and have this on your shelf but haven't picked it up yet (I have now obviously lol) I would highly suggest that you do so.  It's a book that needs to be picked up.

  

3 comments:

  1. I love this series too...though I haven't read the instalment yet. =/ Boo me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I have a print copy of this book. I haven't read it though. The author is coming by to a city near me this month so I'm excited to go and get her autograph :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, shoot! Apparently this is a book I need to add to my shelf of "Why didn't I read this sooner?" I have this one, and have had it for quite a long time, but I just haven't gotten to it yet. I think I need to hurry up already! Thanks for the review. This really does sound like an awesome book. And I love the covers of all the books in the series!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...