Christine is one of the Indie authors I have known for quite some time! Actually
met her because of the wonderful Ali and a contest that was going on that I was
actively involved in at the time :) I am still so glad that I met her and have had
many oppertunities to work with her!!
Meet Christine Fonseca!
Critically acclaimed nonfiction and YA author Christine Fonseca believes that writing is a great way to explore humanity. Using her training and expertise as an educational psychologist, Ms. Fonseca is dedicated to helping children of all ages find their voice in the world. Her titles include Emotional Intensity in Gifted Students and 101 Success Secrets for Gifted Kids and delve into the often misunderstood world of giftedness and emotional intensity. April, 2013 will bring the release of the much awaited The Girl Guide: Finding Your Place in a Mixed-Up World, a book for girls in grades 6-9 that focuses on developing strong resiliency skills. In addition to her nonfiction titles, Ms. Fonseca is the author of several YA novels including Lacrimosa(the Requiem Series) and the critically acclaimed YA thriller, Transcend. When she’s not writing or spending time with her family, she can be sipping too many skinny vanilla lattes at her favorite coffee house or playing around on Facebook and Twitter.For more information about Christine Fonseca or her books, visit her website – http://christinefonseca.com
The Requim Series
LACRIMOSA LIBERA ME DOMINUS
The Girl Guide
- You have such beautiful writing, does it just flow from you like that or is it much harder than that? Awe, thank you! In truth, the words typically just flow like that. Of course, I have to rework them like crazy once they are out of my head. But the basics of my style pours out that way.
- From the emotion packed Requiem series to the more dark and daring Transcend you show your talent. What inspires you? That is a hard question for me. I guess I am just inspired by human nature - from love to laughter, to pain and sorrow, the entire human condition is interesting to me. I deeply moved by art, music, poetry. My writing flows from that love, I think.
- What kind of projects do you have on your plate right now? Several actually. I am getting things ready for the release of The Girl Guide in a few weeks, and I just finished up Quiet Kids, a nonfiction book due out this fall. In fiction, I am finishing up the Requiem Series with Dominus, set to release in late Spring 2013. After that, I have two amazing thrillers I can not wait to go back to.
- What is the one thing that you always have with you? My iPhone - whether it is to listen to music, chat, or check my email, it is the thing I always have on me!. LOL
- If you could do one thing over what would it be? Honestly, I don't know. I know that sounds a bit trite, but I purposefully choose to life without regret. So, I have a hard time thinking about "do-overs". This isn't to say that I don't make mistakes. I do. But even in mistakes there is great opportunity for growth. So, I never really think of re-doing anything.
- Most memorable moment since releasing Lacrimosa. There are two that instantly come to mind: 1) when a NYTimes Bestselling Author friend emailed to tell me how much she LOVED Transcend (I nearly DIED), and 2) when I first realized I had fans....actual fans. I am truly humbled by the support my books have received.
- For people that haven't read your books how would you describe them? I write both Nonfiction and Fiction. In Nonfiction, my Self-help books are geared for kids, teens, parents, and educators, and focus on becoming the best "you" you can become. In fiction, I write dark character-driven stories that explore aspects of humanity most of us will never experience, from the twisted caverns of mental illness to the all-consuming fire of epic-styled love.
Christine has generously donated many of her books ecopy & physical!
You don't want to miss these reads!