Friday, April 19, 2013

**Early REVIEW** Broken Gates by D.T. Dyllin


P.J. Stone is a Seer who saw too little, too late.

In the past, her biggest worries were boys and school—but war has a way of changing things. Now, the alien Riders are trying to overrun the world. As the last of their kind, P.J. and her friends must find a way to save humanity before there’s nothing left to save. 

After choosing a mate, P.J. hoped she'd have time to enjoy her love life. But with everything changing so quickly and major secrets revealed, who knows what the future will bring?






Expected Release: May 24, 2013
Published By:  Dragonfairy Press
Review Copy: eARC

VIDEO
Normally I don't add my own video but it just so happened that this song came on while
I was reading and it felt right at that point.  Helps that I love P!NK but really it fits.

REVIEW

  There are no words that I can share on here that would be appropriate as to how I am feeling right this moment.  Dara was my first... New Adult novel that is.  It was wonderful, suspenseful and had me reeling for more.  Broken Gates is my more.  Problem is that now I have a mission to find the Beta's of Open Gates because November is just too far away and I need info like yesterday!  I know they wont tell me but a girl can hope right?!

  Dara pulled out all the stops with this one and as with Hidden Gates there are no dull moments, only action and things going on, leaving you glued to the pages.  There was not one moment of reading this book that I considered putting it down.  The direction that this installment took and the twists that were thrown at me, had me double taking what I read.  The world that P.J. knew is gone and to be honest the P.J. that she used to be is disappearing.  She is step by step finding out that she is meant for more and that these things have been in motion for far longer than she expected.

  Character growth across the board with this one but it all mainly falls on P.J.  She has been through so much and lost even more but that seems to be only the tip of the iceberg for her.  More is happening and something BIG has changed her forever.  She still has Bryn and Khol fighting over her... Kind of. I swear I wanted to kick Bryn so hard!  SO HARD!   Though my fondness for Khol grew I am still Team Bryn and hope he comes out on top.  I mean that guy created some seriously STEAMY scenes and he must continue or I will...

Despite the smaller length of my review I loved and will revisit this one.  The reason there was no gushing?  Simple my bloggish people:  I did not want to ruin one moment of this book!  I don`t think that Dara knows how to be anything but amazing.  Her writing is astounding and has yet to dissatisfy me.  These books are the kind you pick up read and know that you did not waste a moment of your life lost in it, you actually made good use of the time you were submersed in it.  If you are a fan of the New Adult genre and like some paranormal thrown in these books are for you!!

Quotes
  I had no home,  I belonged nowhere.  I was a single leaf separated from my tree of life and set adrift into a sea of nothingness.

I thought I had become tougher, stronger, but in actuality I had just been leaning on Bryn more and more.  And when he decided to walk away from me, I broke into a million pieces.  I had to learn how to rely on myself, and only myself, if I had any hope of truly becoming the person I strived to be.

  "Damn it!"  I sat up with a start.  "Why do I keep passing out, or getting knocked out or whatever?  I swear I've spent more time unconscious in the last year than not!"

"Until not too long ago I thought I was human.  I was raised to think I was human.  I still feel human."



1 comment:

  1. This book sounds awesome, Tiff. I haven't read a PNR/NA yet but I might just check this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...