Thursday, October 11, 2012

**REVIEW** Fade by Kailin Gow

  What if you found out you never existed?"My name is Celestra Caine. I am seventeen years old, which makes me a senior at Richmond High. I never thought this would happen to me, but it has... I'm one of those people you see every day, go to school with, remember seeing at the supermarket or the mall, and then one day you don't hear about them any longer. They're gone, and eventually, you forget them.


Trailer



REVIEW

This is another case of love at first sight.  Not going to lie that between the cover and the fact that Kailin Gow wrote it, it was on my must have list.  Then once again I was sucked in to a fast paced and action packed story.  I mean you don't have to wait with this one and are thrown almost right into it!  This is a quick and attention grabbing book and a quick one at that.

  Right off the hop you meet Celeste who learns that not only that she will Fade but her family and everyone around her will no longer remember her.  Ya not exactly what you want to hear right?  However she does prove to be a determined and strong main character.  She stands up for what she wants or finds some way to accomplish what she wants.  Even after being removed from the world she knew and loved  her ability to rationalize what is best for everyone and then adjust to her new situation was relatively quick and easy.  Not saying that there was no issues but she let most of it go fair easy and quick.  The things that she couldn't just walk away from I got to a point but felt that she was risking more than needed.  For the most part though I could understand the reasoning behind her actions.

  There are two guys in this book and just putting it out there for all of you that are a little cautious when it comes to the possibility of the "triangle."  This does not pose a problem for me though.  I found that even with the two guys there wasn't really enough focus on the romance part of things to really worry about it all for the most part.  Not saying that there aren't moments that you will love *cough* Jack Simple *cough* but this was more about the action than the boys.  Both of the guys definitely have their perks but ultimately I have high hopes for Jack for reasons that I can not disclose with out some large spoilers.

  The story itself was unique and easy to follow despite it's fast pace.  Kailin Gow has a way of giving you most of what you want and need while keeping it for the most part simple.  The fading itself is different and I didn't quite understand why Celeste and why then but it is totally a patience thing.  Things are revealed in good time and while you are getting there, you get a good idea of what the general process is like for people that fade.  The only thing that you don't really learn much about is the Others...  The idea that they are not the good guys is defiantly out there but who they are exactly is left a mystery for the time being.  

  This book will pull you in, strap you up and take you on one heck of a ride.  Kailin Gow has created an action packed thriller with this one, there is not doubt about it.  There are a few twists that left my jaw hanging and to be honest the ending seems to promise yet another action packed start to the next book Falling.  I think once I was completely in this book one of the biggest questions was who do you trust...  Still a question and I can't wait to pick up the next one to find out the answer!  Well I hope the answer is there in the action and at times heartbreaking story.

Quotes

"You're different, but you aren't a freak.  That's part of why I wanted to show you this. To show you that you aren't alone..." -p. 175

We're back to that theme then.  I try to talk to them.  I'm not dangerous.  I'm just a teenage girl. - p.202



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...