Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Twice Lost

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 



This week I am super/beyond excited for:
Mermaids have been sinking ships and drowning humans for centuries, and now the government is determined to put an end to the mermaid problem—by slaughtering all of them. Luce, a mermaid with exceptionally threatening abilities, becomes their number-one target, hunted as she flees down the coast toward San Francisco. 
There she finds hundreds of mermaids living in exile under the docks of the bay. These are the Twice Lost: once-human girls lost first when a trauma turned them into mermaids, and lost a second time when they broke mermaid law and were rejected by their tribes. Luce is stunned when they elect her as their leader. But she won’t be their queen. She’ll be their general. And they will become the Twice Lost Army—because this is war.

Expected Publication: July 2, 2013
Published by:  Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Hardcover:  480 pages

Why I'm Waiting on This One


1.  Holy crap beautiful cover!  I think I'm in love and will give my second born child to get my hands on this book!!  Okay that's a bit of an over statement but not by much.

2.  One word:  Mermaids!!  Seriously do you need any other reason.?

3.  The story sounds absolutely and undeniably amazing.

4.  1-3 should sum it all up nicely :D

What are you waiting on this week?
Link me up!!
Also HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. I still have yet to start this series. It is on my TBR and on my audio wish list. Need to get to them. my wow http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-36-and-www-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the cover is stunning!!! And it sounds good! ;) Awesome pick! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely adding this to my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh Tiff! This one sounds really good! I need to read more mermaid books for sure! :)))

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. YESSS thank you for sharing this one. I haven't even heard about it! Whoo! I love mermaids :D

    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn;t seen this cover! It looks great! I will be adding this one to my TBR list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover is so pretty, but it is one that I am scared to read. I don't have the best experience with mermaid books. But they have such pretty covers, and I love looking at them

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...