Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Elite by Kiera Cass

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

I can't even tell you how BADLY I need this one:
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.
America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.
Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.
Expected Publication: April 23, 2013
Published by: Harper Teen
Hardcover: 336 pages


Why I am waiting on this one:
  1.  I don't care who you are these covers are beautiful and super attractive!!  I am a sucker for pretty dresses and covers with red.  Basically this is a dream cover.
  2. The Selection was an awesome read and I am seriously excited to see where Kiera Cass goes with it.
  3. I want to see the growth in America.  She was starting to become someone stronger at the end of the first book and I can't wait to see where that takes her!
  4. Can you say Maxon *swoon*

What are you waiting on this week?! Link me up so 
I can check it out!!! 

4 comments:

  1. SO EXCITED FOR THIS ONE :)

    I did like the cover for The Selection better though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this cover. I still need to read the first book. thanks for sharing. my wow http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-35-and-www-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see this cover I always think the girl looks like Ginny Weasley! I feel like I need to read The Selection, if just to find out whether I like it or not. I had just ready so many disappointing but hyped-up books at the time that I just didn't feel like it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is absolutely amazing. Even better than the first cover. I can't wait for this book!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...