So I totally need to get my hands on this beauty!! It sounds so amazing
and the connection between animal and human is something I hold a lot
of faith in!!! I fully believe that this book will ROCK!
Left with no other options, Evangeline is enrolled in a program for troubled teens at Kindred Hides Wildlife Preserve. There she meets Caster, a keeper as annoying as he is caring; Jett and Lettie, who treat her more like a daughter than troubled teen; and Ruke, a prized giraffe in mourning for his lost mate.
Immersed in the preserve with her new friends, Evangeline finally begins to heal. But the haunting memories of the accident and her mother’s unforgiving words threaten to destroy her progress. Only her new friends and their unconditional support, along with her own special connection with Ruke, can save her.
Evangeline must learn that there is redemption for her father’s death, and that the bonds between human, animal, and life are not as fragile as she once thought.
Words you would use to describe yourself.
- Dreams Made Flesh by Anne Bishop
- Peter Pan by JM Barrie
- Dance Upon the Air by Nora Roberts
- Introducing Carl Hiaasen at my university’s presidential lecture
- Getting to start my own editing business (a childhood dream)
- Seeing my mom’s face when she read the dedication to her in my first novel
- Freedom of choice
- Great community
- The friends I’ve made
- Something to write with/on
- Times my brother and I fought as kids
- The day we had to put Sir Whisky Sour down
- That one time I stepped on a rusty nail and gave myself a five-year blister….
- Lucivar Yaslana (Black Jewel series by Anne Bishop)
- Percy Jackson (Rick Riordan)
- Magnus (The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare)
About the Author
Night owl, Dorito lover, and quiet eccentric - Kristina Circelli is the author of several fiction novels, including The Helping Hands series, The Whisper Legacy, The Never, and The Sour Orange Derby.
Her latest series, The Whisper Legacy, features Beyond the Western Sun. This book is what all fantasy adventures must strive to be: a complex, intricate examination of human emotion set within the context of worlds known only in our imagination. Melding fantasy and legend in an epic quest, this series signals the arrival of Kristina Circelli as a master storyteller and an important voice in Native American literature.
A descendant of the Cherokee nation and niece of a Cherokee elder, Circelli holds both a Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts in English from the University of North Florida, where she teaches creative writing. She also heads Red Road Editing, a full-service editing company for independent authors and commercial clients.
She currently resides in Jacksonville, Florida with her husband, Seth, and cats, Lord Finnegin the Fierce and Mr. Malachi the Mighty.